VICTORIAN DECORATING MAGAZINE. PRINCESS ROOM DECOR GAMES
Victorian Decorating Magazine
- Provide (a room or building) with a color scheme, paint, wallpaper, etc
- (decorate) deck: be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
- Confer an award or medal on (a member of the armed forces)
- (decorate) award a mark of honor, such as a medal, to; "He was decorated for his services in the military"
- Make (something) look more attractive by adding ornament to it
- (decorate) make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
- of or relating to Queen Victoria of Great Britain or to the age in which she ruled; "Victorian morals"
- priggish: exaggeratedly proper; "my straitlaced Aunt Anna doesn't approve of my miniskirts"
- A person who lived during the Victorian period
- a person who lived during the reign of Victoria
- A periodical publication containing articles and illustrations, typically covering a particular subject or area of interest
- A chamber for holding a supply of cartridges to be fed automatically to the breech of a gun
- A regular television or radio program comprising a variety of topical news or entertainment items
- a periodic publication containing pictures and stories and articles of interest to those who purchase it or subscribe to it; "it takes several years before a magazine starts to break even or make money"
- product consisting of a paperback periodic publication as a physical object; "tripped over a pile of magazines"
U r doin it wrong. Klimt ceramic gewgaw in a "modern" stuff magazine? Make it stop please, this is gross. What the hell Dwell? Is it made from reclaimed materials? Is it biodegradable? Oh I know, it's a solar panel! Wind chime? Hide-a-key? This product advertised within your pages Dwell, does nothing to exemplify modern living, modern style or modern sensibilities.
If I have to dust more than flat surfaces (in the imaginary Miesian home of my mind, filled with nothing but natural light and built ins (and) every book I've ever possessed) something is seriously wrong.
This is probably the first time in 598 days (holy crap) that I'll have mentioned that I have more than a passing interest in modern architecture and design. I think I have a well rounded fairly well informed armchair opinion of modern deign. For a while I worked as a finish carpenter and residential remodel contractor, which was more like being an installation specialist. Occasionally we'd get into a mid century, and I'd start showing up to work on time. I loved occupying the spaces, and found myself quite delighted to do any restoration work. My boss and I would endlessly argue about how best to maintain the integrity of the design. The day we sprayed a glitter popcorn ceiling I..... I can't say, it's just too much. I do lurv glitter tho.
Now this says nothing about my actual living space, which is more like Victorian rooming house decorated by college boys. I'm still using milk crates, and I don't mind. Although I do wish I could get away with installing storage capacity in my room - but I think the homeowner would shit his pants - the lath and plaster is old and has been reskimmed a few times. I know well enough to leave it alone - I'd end up repairing the whole wall when I left, not just patching up routine little anchor holes. Oh well.
In my dream house, I'll have a minion to follow me around putting things away in my wake. Except in my cave. No one touches the cave. Even if I had a minion - we'll call that person an intern - I hope I have nothing for them to dust. I'd rather have them organizing my patterns and drawings. Humph.
TAGGED...(again by Sarah...sglahe!)
15 things about me, myself and I......I try to make things like this interesting - so here goes....
1. I am a 46 year YOUNG Girly Girl at heart! :)
2. I am marred to a man 30 years older than me!
3. I live in my dream home (a special story behind that), and my home is my sanctuary and oasis, and it was scheduled to be in a magazine....but alas never made it.
4. I love Neil Diamond, CHER and Elton John
5. I am a full time Antiques Dealer after losing my job exactly 1 year ago - I was laid off and never expected it. I am pursuing my dreams now with doing antiques................
6. I love Shabby Chic, Victorian and most anything PINK!
7. Both of my Grandmothers died on Holidays and I think of them every day.
8. I was stalked and harrassed by an old boyfriend, who was A FELON and on a WANTED list!
9. I Power-Walked the Honolulu Marathon in honor of a young woman with Leukemia, raised $5,000 and got to meet her on live TV!!
10. When I found out in 3rd Grade that there was no Santa Claus - I was horrified and cried for days!
11. I never have any down time, and am a very high energy person and a "go getter".
12. I have a very special Kitty who is my true love, besides Blythe!
13. I believe in Miracles....
14. My very 1st job at the young age of 19 was working for a tiny comuter airlines...I LOVED IT!
15. Besides Antiques and Blythe, I do tons of reading, decorating and flower/gardening (when I have the time that is........)
**How about you**?
Maggie (momoko_girl_1 blythe stole my heart)
Kathi (kathi_minikatie *Everyday Fabulous*)
sailboat home decor
wall sticker decor
picture frame decorating ideas
banquet decorations ideas
decorating ideas modern
vintage decoration ideas
moose party decorations
grape kitchen decor